The Regular Season is Upon Us

SimNFL Teams prepare and strategize for their final preseason matchup before the regular season starts next week.

Conference Finals Showdown

Seattle & Golden State clash for the west; meanwhile in the east, Atlanta and New York are fighting for the right to play in the SimNBA finals. Who will win?

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

SimCBB Offseason In Progress

Here is some concept art on American Samoa College's new basketball arena

Join Here

PLEASE READ

Good Evening everyone. So I have some big news. First, I want to say that we really do wish we could make more progress of the sim, but things have been difficult in terms of time commitments. There are only a few of us who have the technical skills to do stuff under the hood, and unfortunately, those same people have very little time after work, school and raising families.

That does NOT mean that we are quitting. We are still going to work on this as much as possible, and as you probably have noticed, we have made some progress on the interface thanks to @TuscanSota and @Swipet. The truth remains, however, that we still don’t have any major games other than NBAGM (thank you for running that subsequent). So we wanted to fix that.

A short time ago, I discovered a dice-rolling football game that handled play-by-play in its rule-set. Given that rules for dice games are basically lines of pseudocode, I have been able to turn that into a small program that can simulate a game using these rules. So, I want to announce that we will be running a league here on the site that will use these rules. I don’t have a name for it yet, so we will be taking suggestions.

I have been coding and doing tests for a few weeks and I think we are almost ready. The goal, initially, will be to get a few teams set up and run some practice games to work out the kinks and logistics of everything. Depending on how fast we get everything going, we could start this up to have games in a few days to probably two weeks. It all depends on how fast people can set up tests and teams.

I will begin writing up the rules for applying for a team, so keep a look out for them. Once people apply for a team and are approved I will generate them. While I know this isn’t what we hoped for, I do hope this will scratch everyone’s football itch for a bit.

• Football 2