The Regular Season is Upon Us

SimNFL Teams prepare and strategize for their final preseason matchup before the regular season starts next week.

Conference Finals Showdown

Seattle & Golden State clash for the west; meanwhile in the east, Atlanta and New York are fighting for the right to play in the SimNBA finals. Who will win?

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

SimCBB Offseason In Progress

Here is some concept art on American Samoa College's new basketball arena

Join Here

2020 Summer Scrimmages

Hello Coaches!

So now that we have run our first game (congrats to @Pumph and @alexfall862 on the win!), we can start doing a few more games, albeit not live. NewSim still isn't ready for automated games (I'm coding my ass off I promise!), but we can still have games one at a time by hand! In this post I will tell you how to make a post challenging another coach to a scrimmage, and how to submit your depth chart and gameplan.

SCRIMMAGE REQUESTS

1. Agree with another coach on the site to play a scrimmage.
  2. One of the coaches go to this forum and submit a thread: 2020 Scrimmage Requests
  3. Threads here should have the following format:
    • Title: "Team A vs. Team B"
    • Body: "Team A challenges Team B to a scrimmage." (Something to that affect. BE SURE TO TAG THE OPPOSING COACH)

[*]Team B's coach should then respond to the thread with a confirmation of the challenge. ("Team B confirms", etc.)

[*]Once both coaches post, they can move on to the next step in the process.

SUBMITTING DEPTH CHARTS

1. Create a copy of this Google Sheet: 2020 Depth Chart Template (DO NOT EDIT THIS SHEET DIRECTLY)
  2. Follow all of the instructions on the sheet.
  3. When you are finished, create a thread in the following forum: 2020 Scrimmage Depth Charts
  4. Threads here should have the following format:
    • Title: "Team A Depth Chart"
    • Body: Provide a valid link to your depth chart sheet.

SUBMITTING GAMEPLANS

1. Create a copy of this Google Sheet: 2020 Scrimmage Gameplans (DO NOT EDIT THIS SHEET DIRECTLY)
  2. Follow all of the instructions on the sheet.
  3. When you are finished, go to this link and submit the sharing link for your gameplan sheet: 2020 Scrimmage Gameplan Submission

When you have completed all of these steps, you're done! Then you just have to wait for me to get off my lazy butt and actually run the games! I probably won't have a set schedule to post the games. I'll just run them as I find time. So except an irregular posting schedule. Speaking of posting, here is the link to the forum where games will be posted while we are having scrimmages:

2020 Scrimmage Results

You should already see San Diego State vs. Purdue in there.

This is it guys! Games! From NewSim! All of these threads and submission forms are open and available now for you guys to start! If you have any questions about submitting things, depth chart, gameplan or thread formatting, go ahead and post them here. I'll get to them ASAP.

Until next time,

Rocketcan

EDIT: Once you submit your depth chart for a scrimmage, it can be pulled at any time. Therefore, your submission is considered FINAL whenever you post it.

Edited by Rocketcan
  • Like 5
  • Love 1