The Regular Season is Upon Us

SimNFL Teams prepare and strategize for their final preseason matchup before the regular season starts next week.

Conference Finals Showdown

Seattle & Golden State clash for the west; meanwhile in the east, Atlanta and New York are fighting for the right to play in the SimNBA finals. Who will win?

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

SimCBB Offseason In Progress

Here is some concept art on American Samoa College's new basketball arena

Join Here

#12 - Test Games And Coaches

Rocketcan

Hello Coaches!

Welcome to another Dev Diary for NewSim on SimFBA!

We are only a few days from our live test game at 2:30pm ET on Saturday, August 22nd! In the meantime, we are hard at work trying to smooth things out and squashing bugs in the programs. We are pretty much ready for the test game, although I might add some plays to the play call sheet to make things a bit more interesting. Regardless, I have actually run a full game from start to finish! It was one play at a time and not at all automated, but it was a huge step in the right direction. Once this is mostly bug-free, the only task left is writing the game manager.

Here is a screenshot from the sheet where I recorded the results. I don't want to give away too much! You guys have to show up Saturday to see the whole thing!

results.thumb.PNG.20e5b3a4873f1d81a4ecfac0d7c2af77.PNG

The first half was a bit crazy, and used a break induced by running into some bugs to make some adjustments. It appears that the running game for a very good offensive line might be a bit OP, but most of the balance issues were fixed to the point where they aren't entirely outrageous anymore. The stats are still off, and part of the initial scrimmage process will be about balancing things further. But what we were able to do (thanks to @DarthJarJar), was collate some stats! So here is the box score and stats for the first full game run with NewSim: New Mexico @ Florida State:

Box.PNG.8e0c7915957a40f5e100476642eac58d.PNG

NM0.PNG.191d9912aa125eb89b035d28c2af80c0.PNG

NM1.PNG.81275209a349caaeea7d8faaff87db0a.PNG

NM2.PNG.4eecd4b7b43dd3ddfae8f4864020705e.PNG

FS0.PNG.354a4c12cffde5f04821a3f17b5835e1.PNG

FS1.PNG.7fb8c86c743aeb4187a6a5964c8a0fdb.PNG

FS2.PNG.8f2d189af546f2f8e7770288f428eb4d.PNG

Like I said before, things need to be balanced still, but you're looking at a finished football game played with NewSim! And those are the stats. No cut offs after an arbitrary number of players. You'll know even if one player makes just one tackle all season long! Much more transparency!

Finally, I wanted to touch on our Test Game on Satuday. We currently have 3 coaches signed up. If we can get at least one more, we will have 2 coaches per side (offensive and defensive coordinators). Please apply here: https://forms.gle/kpfLDdCA3RbQRqFD9

We will close the applications tomorrow (Wednesday August 18th) at 11:59pm ET, so please don't wait to put in your application. Do it now!

I hope to see you all there on the 22nd.

Until next time,

Rocketcan

Edited by Rocketcan
  • Like 9