The Regular Season is Upon Us

SimNFL Teams prepare and strategize for their final preseason matchup before the regular season starts next week.

Conference Finals Showdown

Seattle & Golden State clash for the west; meanwhile in the east, Atlanta and New York are fighting for the right to play in the SimNBA finals. Who will win?

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

SimCBB Offseason In Progress

Here is some concept art on American Samoa College's new basketball arena

Join Here

#70 | SimBBA Interface Update

TuscanSota

Hey guys,

Some of y’all may have noticed last week but we’ve opened up an interest-thread for the next season of SimBBA. We have a pipeline we are working on for running games and we’re opening up a lot of teams: over 150 teams in this league.

With that said there’s a couple of things which still need to be completed, so I want to set a roadmap on what these tasks look like and when we can get to tip-off with the next season:

Scheduling

Huge props to @Ezaco and [uSER=154]@MasonAsher[/uSER] for collaborating together on getting the schedules completed. This is one of the big challenges that we need to tackle every off-season. The regular season schedules and important matchups are set and coaches are now able to schedule out-of-conference games at the start of the season.

Once OOC games are set, we will need to compile and migrate every scheduled match to the interface – this won’t take too much time, but it will be crucial for getting games to be run.

Migrating the old data

So, good news: last year I was working on putting SimBBA on the interface. There are even some pages, while no longer accessible now, allow users to manage their roster, set the minutes for each player in matches during the week, and even recruit.

The bad news: the data is out of date.

I will be putting together some time to migrate the old data from the first SimBBA season – rosters mostly – and move them over to new, more robust data tables. Along with that, the data I have on hand is not up to date from when we ran SimNBA. Because I don’t have any SimNBA data in the interface, that will need to be migrated, and I will need to parse the old college rosters to remove the players that have graduated, and the recruits that teams signed last season.

Generating new teams

Once I’ve migrated the old data over, I will then generate the new teams and start to open things up on the interface. Players will be able to sign up for their college basketball teams and will be able to see at least their new roster on the interface.

Recruiting

The previous recruiting structure that was setup on the basketball API will need to be rewritten. I don’t know what the plan will be for recruiting; whether it will follow a similar structure to how we do things in SimFBA, or if we’re going to follow the rules that @Wahoo had written previously. Once the above steps are completed, I will be working intensively on the recruiting portion and will try to get both recruits and AI recruiting setup as soon as I can.

When will all this be ready?

I’m asking everyone this, but please understand that interface development will take some time. Along with getting the basketball API up and running again, I am also working on off-season development for SimFBA and potential SimNFL. Do not expect SimBBA to be ready within the next month. If you would like to help with the effort to have the season ready for tipoff, please help @Ezaco with OOC Scheduling and preparing the matches for migration to the database. If you want to help collaborate on the recruiting system for SimBBA, please reach out myself, @Ezaco, and @Migi.

I am excited for the next season of SimBBA, and look forward to having this season on the interface so that off-season involvement is minimal, and we can move from off-season to season in quicker time.

~Toucan

• Like 3