The Regular Season is Upon Us

SimNFL Teams prepare and strategize for their final preseason matchup before the regular season starts next week.

Conference Finals Showdown

Seattle & Golden State clash for the west; meanwhile in the east, Atlanta and New York are fighting for the right to play in the SimNBA finals. Who will win?

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

SimCBB Offseason In Progress

Here is some concept art on American Samoa College's new basketball arena

Join Here

#65 | Interface Update | Final Update for the Season

TuscanSota

Hey everyone,

Here is the list of all changes with today's update:

- Link to the SimFBA site can be found in the right-hand side of the navigation bar

- Statistics link is fixed in the team dropdown on the nav bar

- News log now appropriately logs when a user makes a scheme change for their offense.

- Info button in place next to offensive scheme button

- Backend changes to keep track of a team's recruiting class size limit.

- Removed receiving yards and receiving TDs headers from the Team Stats (Offense) view

Landing Page

Below are screenshots showing the new options for users to navigate to the SimFBA site and the statistics page from the dropdown.

1660572039949.thumb.png.be6bb20ce667df512e44b3511a6fb346.png

1660572055797.png.10715c2f870fc2e86f30441e6e1f085c.png

Regarding Scheme Changes

If the user changes their offensive scheme and saves, it will now be logged in the news log. It's not a fool-proof solution but it will give users more awareness in case a team changes their scheme but does not properly notify their opponent in the appropriate channels.

1660572115149.thumb.png.d9961e062279796afb6850c83cc4403f.png

There is now an information button next to the offensive scheme label. Clicking the label provides the user with information regarding the schemes available, and the protocol required for changing their scheme.

1660572227431.png.3a51814aa15e5c7f63934bf9d4871acf.png

1660572237473.png.9fe377261ea1d0fcbfefc59facf7e8d2.png

In regard to these features now being provided, I will be advocating a harsher punishment the next time a team is not notified of a scheme change.

Moving forward

This is officially my last update for the regular season. I'm already taking note of changes that I want to make for the CFB portion of the interface to make things more user-friendly and seamless for the user. Here is what I have in mind:

- Changing the news log to its own page where the user will be able to search and filter logs by week and by news type within a season.

- More information pointers on both the gameplan page and the recruiting pages

- A help section to document all gameplay features.

- An attempt to find the collusion button in the code and remove it in order to prevent users from improperly colluding with each other.

- Individual game views for player stats and team stats on the stats page.

Thanks,

TuscanSota

• Like 7