The Regular Season is Upon Us

SimNFL Teams prepare and strategize for their final preseason matchup before the regular season starts next week.

Conference Finals Showdown

Seattle & Golden State clash for the west; meanwhile in the east, Atlanta and New York are fighting for the right to play in the SimNBA finals. Who will win?

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

SimCBB Offseason In Progress

Here is some concept art on American Samoa College's new basketball arena

Join Here

#40 - Interface Update and What to Expect

TuscanSota

Hey everyone,

With the season just around the corner, I thought it would be important to provide an update on development for the SimFBA Interface.

At the moment, the following functionality is available for users:

• Login/Logout/Registering
  • Team signups for both CFB and CBB
  • Viewing rosters for CFB and CBB
  • Setting gameplans for CBB
  • Recruiting interface for CBB

To officially state, the first season of SimFBA will not take advantage of the full interface. Pages such as the team page and roster page are set up so that users can have another perspective for their roster; allowing focus on each player and the attributes related to their position. While the current state of the interface is not 100%, development is progressing at a faster pace than before so by the next season, the interface will be a formidable option for allowing users to scout, gameplan, and recruit during season play.

What to expect soon:

Sorting on the roster page. It's one of the biggest requests right now, and it is something to expect by next weekend.

For the past few months work has been made to integrate College Basketball and to an extent the NBA into the simulation. While neither league is 100% ready for integration with the interface, development for basketball will take a small hiatus, as most of the features needed to be tested later will require work elsewhere down the line.

With that said, I am also going to look into adding more functionality for football-related features now. This includes integrating the recruiting logic from College Basketball and adapting it into college football and the recruiting ruleset in mind. Gameplan and depth chart setting will be re-examined and will be developed over the next two months.

I am also looking into solutions for making the interface more mobile-friendly. This will involve research on my end but will include either styling the web version of the interface, or creating a native application from scratch. Development on either solution will only be done once the Interface is in a state that's ready for competitive use.

What can I do to help?

If you want to help me with interface development and have either technical/coding experience or have a genuine interest in learning, please reach out to me via Discord. I am adept with the languages being used and have plenty of tutorials saved that cover the technologies being used for the application.

The application's tech stack is fairly straightforward and is open-sourced. I will make sure that I show you the ropes properly, and that the working environment is both comfortable and user-friendly. Even if you don't know the languages, the learning curve is not as daunting as one would expect.

Frontend:

Javascript, React, Firebase, CSS

Backend:

Node.js, Golang, MUX framework, MySQL

Mobile:

Looking into either React Native or Flutter

I appreciate the feedback being provided so far, all I'm asking is that y'all please keep being patient as development progresses.

~Tuscan

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Fire 2