- Go to https://play.basketball-gm.com/
- Create an account (optional)
- Claim a team (Add something in your signature, perhaps)
- Download the latest file in the League Files thread (https://www.simfba.com/index.php?threads/league-files.203/)
- On Basketball GM, hit Create new league
- Under the Customize dropdown, select Upload League File
- Upload the .json file you downloaded in step 4
- Press Create New League at the bottom
- You can now see the league and choose what you want to do from there.
- Perform actions by posting in the appropriate subforum
- Roster changes (https://www.simfba.com/index.php?forums/roster.112/)
- Extensions and Re-signings (https://www.simfba.com/index.php?forums/extensions-and-re-signings.105/)
- Free agency moves (https://www.simfba.com/index.php?forums/free-agency.104/)
- Remember that nothing you do in that file will affect the master file I have.
- Set your Scouting budget to 0. It has no use for us as we all see the exact ratings.
- Basketball GM Manual - https://basketball-gm.com/manual/
- Another helpful link -
- To take a screenshot, navigate to the page you want, scroll down to and click on Screenshot in the bottom left corner. You should then see a link to your screenshot in the bottom right corner.
- Team management
- Trade/release players and add to your trading block
- Negotiate with and sign players from free agency
- Adjust your roster
- Set playing time
- Adjust ticket prices
- Adjust Coaching, Health, and Facilities expenses
- Add players to your watch list
- Best offer (longest contract)
- Free agency pitch
- Position need (number of other players in that position)
- Mood towards your team (green > white > yellow > red)
- High roll (1D20)
- Discuss with the other GM in private (or in public if you wish)
- Post it in the Trades subforum (https://www.simfba.com/index.php?forums/trades.113/) and have other user confirm
- AI can trade with AI, users can trade with users, but users cannot trade with AI
Off season contract rules:
Roster rules If you do not re-sign a player, after their contract expires, it appears they move to the free agency The game does NOT automatically re-sign players, so you MUST have a minimum of TEN players on your roster in order for me to start the first regular season game Contract...